The Eastern States Mission was initially organized 6 May 1839. It was discontinued in 1850, and then reorganized in 1854. It was discontinued in 1858, reorganized in 1865, and discontinued again in 1869. It was reorganized January 1893 from the Northern States Mission. The Cumorah Mission was organized 26 January 1964 from the Eastern States Mission, and the Eastern States Mission was renamed the New York New York City Mission 20 June 1974.
2012000 (unit number)
[Item description], Eastern States Mission history. Church History Library, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah©2019 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.